Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Knife Fights, Sonoran Hotdogs, "Physics Packages",& Saguaro Cactus!

  I was fortunate to spend a few days last week in and around Tuscon, Arizona. I would really like to emphasize how friendly and pleasant the people were!This is not just my opinion but is shared by my friend who was with me. They are genuine in their hospitality.
  So lets get right to the knife fight! If they are so nice how did you get in a knife fight? you might ask..... Maybe its me who is not nice or maybe the cactus had been drinking too much mescal, I guess we'll never know for sure!
  We visited a Titan missile silo, the only one in the US still "equipped". The hole cut in the missile is so the Russian spy satellites can see there is no "physics package" inside! That's nine megatons of total destruction for a seventeen mile radius. For someone who lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis at an age where I understood just how close we were- it was sobering. And of course we are still in the same position- just more countries to participate. It would have been a little over thirty minutes after the launch keys were turned that the packages arrived at their destinations.
  I guess you could get the same results by eating a half dozen Sonoran hotdogs every day for a few years but it would sure be a lot more tasty.....grilled bacon wrapped beef wiener wrapped in a bollilo, covered in beans, mustard, chipolte mayo, tomatoes, onions, and grilled jalapenos!
  So that leaves us with Saguaro cactus. And they are enigmatic!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home